The Family Farce aims to entertain via snarky, irreverent, dark, family-themed humor. Founder and Editor-in-Chief Seth Kabbala says, “If you’re alive, you’re part of a family, of sorts, however you may define it. So you’ve got a deep content well, and if you’re a working writer, comedian, musician, or artist, we want to see your stuff on our site.”
They produce and distribute content from writers, stand-up comics, visual artists, and musicians in the following areas:
- Words–essays, interviews, fiction, columns
- Music–parodies and original parental-advisory-esque works
- Video–shorts, interviews, original stand-up
- Art–comic strips, info graphics, photos, illustrations
When planning a piece of content, ask yourself two questions:
- How do I make it funny?
- How to I tie my theme back to family?
Fiction: 1,000-5,000 words; Columns/Essays: 330-660 words; Interviews: 660-990 words
See Guidelines for audio and video productions
Payment on publication
Words: $2/inch (approx. 17-cents/word); Music: $25/song; Video: $25/sketch or interview; Art: $25/piece
For more information go to The Family Farce Guidelines